Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 6-Rain

We said: Our first map is done! You can see the terrain Paul cycled through from the profile map pictured above. Each horizontal line is 1000'. Forgot to mention yesterday about my early food search. Hadn't had much to eat before I left, and was looking forward to my first stop 30 miles away in Buchanan. Approaching Buchanan, I saw signs for "Home Cooking Ahead", but I guess everyone was home cooking, because there was no place to get anything to eat. Directed to a fruit and vegetable business, I got a cinnamon role at a reduced price, and the very nice lady gave me a free banana, and told me if I wanted more to help myself. Southern Hospitality. Rain day today, so we took a ride to Blacksburg, the home of Va Tech. Beautiful campus. Paul is finding it hard to find a place to sit down and get some good bacon and eggs-we could only find a vegetarian restaurant that served full breakfasts. Went to the library, Sharon worked, Paul slept (he said just like when he was in school), we're doing laundry, and will make it an early night to get started back on the road again. 0 miles.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Guys,
    We had rain up here too. Getting old. Paul trying to find bacon and eggs reminds me (again) of when Keith and I were in Georgia. It was our last night and we were heading toward Atlanta to spend the night in a motel before going to the airport early in the AM. We stopped in Delonaga (or something like that) to have dinner and when we asked if we could look at a menu before we went in (because Keith is a vegetarian, OY) Keith didn't see anything on it that he could eat. We thanked the girl and started to leave and she asked what was wrong. Keith explained that he was a vegetarian and everything on the menu had meat in it. She exclaimed, " What, you don't eat meat?" only it came out " What! Y'all don't ate mate?" We were just waiting for here to add " what the hell's wrong with you?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guys,
    Looks like a great trip. Wish I had known earlier would have tried to meet you somewhere. We stayed in Blacksburg last year on the way north, played some golf. Great area. We will be following you. Have fun. Gail & Lloyd

    ReplyDelete