Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day 14-Day of the Corn

He said: Lot of fog this morning, but all the drivers were still courteous. Still in the rolling hills, what I call momentum hills, peddle down hard, make it up….but not all of them. All in all much easier than VA/Eastern KY hills (mountains). Today was about corn until about lunchtime. Corn on both sides of the road for as far as you can see. I don’t know if it’s for food or for fuel, but there are a lot of new farmhouses. I had a great cheeseburger for lunch yesterday and today and I haven’t spent over $3! Got to Mumfordsville about noon, 63 miles, ate, and then cruised to Mammoth Caves National Park, set up the campsite, took showers, did laundry, and will be looking for food when the dryers finish. Tomorrow we explore the caves. Pictures at 11. 83 miles (No wrong turns today).
She said: Worked the morning, talked to a few people at the campground, and then took off for Mammoth Caves. The scenery changed quite a bit. As I rounded one curve it was amazing-pretty much a panorama as far as you could see…I can’t imagine what Kansas will be like. Beautiful farms, with lovely homes. Met Paul at the entrance to the National Park, set up camp, showers, laundry etc. The National Park campground is very nice-however, there are signs telling you to make sure you bring a light when you walk around at night-there are 2 types of poisonous snakes to watch out for…I will make sure I don’t have to get up during the night to use the facilities!!! Touring the caves tomorrow-won’t be looking at the ground for snakes, but the ceiling for bats.
Sorry no pictures today-the drive for the disks doesn't seem to want to read them. Hopefully we can figure out what the problem is.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are cooking with gas when the weather cooperates. I'm looking for ward to seeing pix of the caves ---theyare one of the places on my list of places to go. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete