Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day 9-Into Kentucky

We said: Thanks everyone for your comments on our blog and emails-it's great to hear from all of you. It makes us less homesick, so keep it up.

She said: Left Virginia and crossed the Kentucky line-YEAH our second state! Started to see the coal in the hills, but being a weekend haven't run into any coal trucks yet. The weather finally cooperated, the sun came out and we had a nice day. Paul took a great shot of the sun coming up in the mountains and burning off the fog. He said is taking the night off from blogging, but wanted me to add: 62 miles.


Burning off the morning fog


And we're still in the mountains

There he goes-up and over!

and into Kentucky!
The peddler and his support crew!

2 comments:

  1. Paul & Sharon: Katrina just returned to the US. I'm still in Dunedin (NZ). Your pics and comments/entries are great! This is such a neat thing you're doing. Keep up the posts! (By the way, I really enjoyed Sharon's entry a few days back on 'The Last Green Valley'. Well said.)

    Continue to enjoy it! -Jc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Guys,
    While I don't think I've ever been to Kentucky it looks remarkably similar to Vermont where I have been. Especially that pix of the white house on that corner. Paul doesn't feel like typing? Funny, I wouldn't think it would be his fingers that are sore!

    ReplyDelete